MineColonies

Full Version: ideas for the lategame (the industrial revolution)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone, i´ve been playing minecolonies for some time, and i love the mod idea and complexity, I found this forum some days ago searching for a decent guide and i found very decent ideas for this mod, some are little changes and others and more big challenges. Well, my ideas are into the second type.

my ideas are based in one big concept: the industrial revolution and the  passage from city states to big empires.

this ideas are divided in 5 categories
buildings
blocks
resources
transportation
new mechanics
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- buildings: the new buildings are the industrial ones, the services ones,  and the military  in a bigger and more costly than other buildings in the mod

the industrial ones are the  steel, cement, light and heavy weapons, wood and transportation

the services ones are police station, the fire station, the apartament blocks, the train station, the transport port (for coastal cities) the empire central organization building (to manage the empire, the diplomacy and teleport to other cities)

the military ones are the military base (it will be a huge base for keeping lots of soldiers, used for defense and attack) , forts (created as an independent outpost or inside a city) the military outposts (for small cities and outposts) the central estrategic command (only in the capital city and it´s purpose is to command big operations of invasion and defense) and the exlorers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
blocks: the new blocks on this suggest are the conveyor belt(on tier 2 industry that it will make production lines and more efficient industry) the assembler the coal and oil generator and the electric conections 

- resources: the new resources are based in to types, energy and production

the energy type of resources are the oil for the last tier of industry, tansportation and combat

the production ones are the steel (made in the steel industry) created with coal and iron. concrete (made with sand, clay and water) for new type of buildings. rifles (by crafting) for soldiers, ammunitions for rifles and canons (made with gunpowder and steel)

- transportation: there are two new types of transport, the train and the boat, the train moves on railway that it will connect cities between stations. is an easy and fast type of transport for resources and emmigrants and immigrants from other cities and the boats are the same, but on water

- new mechanics:

creation of new cities and military outposts

creation of AI city states and empires

with the previous mechanic, a diplomacy mechanic that will integrate non agression and commercial pacts, aliances and war

new military units like infantry, artillery or even tanks

explorers to search for resources and other empires

to finish this, all this new buildings, mechanics (except the creation of cities and the diplomacy) and types of transportation are researched in the university

(i know this mechanics are very difficult to implement in the mod, but i think that implementing that mechanics with little steps will help the integration of this new concept or this could be a addon apart of the main mod)

one last thing, sorry if i make mistakes with english, english is not my main language

i hope you liked this post. I will make more updates or posts about new mechanics and buildings

greetings from Spain
I think everything you said, except the military and the diplomacy thing, can be done with the popular "create" mod. I've also been thinking the same thing as you but I just thought "what if I just combine this mod with the create mod?".

Honestly, adding guns would remove the minecrafty feel so... I don't agree with that.