MineColonies

Full Version: Colonists Can't Arrive Due to Lack of Space?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting a message saying "colonists can't arrive at your colony because there is not enough space around the town hall," but I don't remember seeing any guidelines for how much space I need? Does it mean between buildings or between blocks or what? 

TIA!
It means your Townhall block is buried underground, you need at least one to two block radius around it clear when first placing it down. The space also needs to be at least two blocks high so that the citizens have actual space to spawn in.

To fix it dig to where the block is and clear out a space around it, or make sure it's above ground when you use the build tool to place it.
I did that when I first put it down though. I placed it two blocks in the air with clearance around it, and it's level 5 now, but it's still saying that.
I’m getting this now too. It’s like once it is surrounded bu other buildings it complains there isn’t any more space. Not sure what is causing this.
(20.04.2019, 04:18)Surroth Wrote: [ -> ]I’m getting this now too.  It’s like once it is surrounded bu other buildings it complains there isn’t any more space.  Not sure what is causing this.

Same for me. I have at least 2 block space around the whole town hall and its built above ground. Not sure why they cannot spawn within the courtyard of the townhall.

Possible bug report needed?
(02.08.2019, 18:05)Drej_X_Army Wrote: [ -> ]
(20.04.2019, 04:18)Surroth Wrote: [ -> ]I’m getting this now too.  It’s like once it is surrounded bu other buildings it complains there isn’t any more space.  Not sure what is causing this.

Same for me. I have at least 2 block space around the whole town hall and its built above ground. Not sure why they cannot spawn within the courtyard of the townhall.

Possible bug report needed?

So I got mine to work finally... Go to your town hall and click RECALL CITIZENS... BAMMM new people....
Careful with the recall button in the town hall.... If there are too much citizens (say 10+) they'll crush each other when they get teleported.
In my town I curiously pressed the button to see how busy it would be. It killed at least 5 because it got too crowded...
I found out myself, that it is possible that the town hall block is too high above the ground. Build up a pile of dirt under it and it'll work properly until the town hall is built. (This was the case when trying to build the Dark Oak tree house like model).