Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!
Hello all!
I am loving this mod and would like to be a Patreon but there are some things that confuse me about it. When I search for minecolonies on Twitch, I see several different versions, none of which seem to be MineCraft version 1.12.x. Is there a version out that is 1.12? Even filtering on 1.12.2 in the twitch app gets you a result that says it is 1.12.2 but when you start it, it is 1.10.something.
(16.11.2017, 14:36)Araxidis Wrote: Hello all!
I am loving this mod and would like to be a Patreon but there are some things that confuse me about it. When I search for minecolonies on Twitch, I see several different versions, none of which seem to be MineCraft version 1.12.x. Is there a version out that is 1.12? Even filtering on 1.12.2 in the twitch app gets you a result that says it is 1.12.2 but when you start it, it is 1.10.something.

I do not know where you looked but on the Curse/Twitch page of the mod there are all the versions.
The last 1.12.x release is for 1.12.1.
The last Beta is for all 1.12.x
The last Alpha is only for 1.12.2

(I hope that all release will also be for 1.12.1 too.. :p )
(16.11.2017, 15:49)Auriel_1 Wrote:
(16.11.2017, 14:36)Araxidis Wrote: Hello all!

I do not know where you looked but on the Curse/Twitch page of the mod there are all the versions.
The last 1.12.x release is for 1.12.1.
The last Beta is for all 1.12.x
The last Alpha is only for 1.12.2

(I hope that all release will also be for 1.12.1 too.. :p )

Yes all releases are for all 1.12 versions, we just need to pull the fix so that all versions get assigned on curse as well.
I found those versions on the Twitch app which is where I found out about MineColonies. I filtered on 1.12.2 and sorted by popularity.

Having downloaded the .jar file for 1.12.2 I am not sure how to install it. I will have a look around.
(17.11.2017, 04:44)Araxidis Wrote: I found those versions on the Twitch app which is where I found out about MineColonies. I filtered on 1.12.2 and sorted by popularity.

Having downloaded the .jar file for 1.12.2 I am not sure how to install it. I will have a look around.

Hi! have you used Forge before? what you need to do is install forge here download the installer and run it. Afterwards in your %appdata% /minecraft folder (or on mac, /user/*user*/Library/Application\ Support/minecraft) find the "mods" folder (should be there after forge install, otherwise just make it) and put the minecolonies .jar in there, run the launcher, find the "forge" user (or something similar) and play!
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
Yes, I've used Twitch and Forge for a while now. I was confused by several different results on Twitch. I got the 1.12.2 installed so it's all good now.

Thanks ... Trying to figure out the decision tree for the Deliveryman now!