Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(New building style) XIX colonists (WIP)
Brick 
Relive the XIXth century Gold rush !

Hi there Smile

This is my attempt to make a new style of colony, XIX colonists 

I've started this project to build my base on a server with friends.
My idea being to make a Western city, between Mesa and Desert biomes, which the appearance would evolve according to the technologies of the mods that I will use (think of Immersive engineering)... Wink

For the lore, the colony become established before 1850s and is going to evolve till the late 1900s..
  •    
  • At the level 1, the style is simple, almost rural, mainly build with wood, and the ground made of sand most of the time.

• Around the level 3, the style begins to become industrialized, stones and clay bricks appear according to their function and their wealth.

• And at the level 5, buildings are decorated more or less richly, with quartz, concrete, terracotta...

Show ContentSpecifications of my way of building:

After installation, you will find a new style tab " XIX Colonists ", only the TownHall and Mine for now.
How to use custom huts ? 

.zip   XIX Colonists.zip (Size: 234,31 KB / Downloads: 209)
Only the TownHall and Mine are available at present in the pack. (working on Warehouse and Builder from now..)

" XIX Colonists " building schematic pack is free for use, no need to ask if you can... YES YOU CAN  Big Grin 

Overview of the TownHall (made with concrete) :

Show ContentMore informations about the TownHall upgrades:

Overview of the Mine

Show ContentMore informations about the Mine upgrades:
Wow the townhall already looks quite impressive =)

What are those mountain ranges around the buildings? =D
Looks awesome mate! I'm really tempted to play it. but i'd get sucked in and never get out.

Keep up the work!
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
(12.11.2017, 02:42)Raycoms Wrote: What are those mountain ranges around the buildings? =D

These mountains are there precisly in case there were a mountain (hills or cliffs) where you want to build.

(12.11.2017, 01:25)Auriel_1 Wrote: The terraformation will be progressive, it is enough to flatten the area required for the first level. The outline of the ground will be worked later to size the builds.

If you want to build near a Mesa, the builder will dig just what is needed for the building, and later it will flatten to enlarge. 
I prefer that than make a cube of air with a small house in the middle..

It can (and will certainly) again change according to the advices, thus do not hesitate to test it  Tongue

(12.11.2017, 11:44)Asherslab Wrote: Looks awesome mate! I'm really tempted to play it. but i'd get sucked in and never get out.

Thank you, and yeah the difficult of this (and futures) build lives in the size, so lot of farming (if in vanilla) especially for clay..  Rolleyes
And time, the building occupy 9 chunks, and at least 30 blocks of heigh, thus the builder will have some work for several days with each build/upgrade..

At present I almost finished the Miner, with reduced chimney so it take 46x35x46 blocks..
Lot of work, but it offer an extracting system for the cobble, and a automated x8 furnace to make stone or clay..

But I hesitate to leave the sorting system in the Miner and keep the furnace for the builder.., your advice ?
I think it would make sense to use the substitution blocks instead of the stone blocks, else the builder will try to place stone there.
(12.11.2017, 18:18)Raycoms Wrote: I think it would make sense to use the substitution blocks instead of the stone blocks, else the builder will try to place stone there.

On the overall picture, you can see the scanned build on the left, with lot of substition blocks (with solid under sand). What you see to the right is the result, thus sandstone, terracotte, or stone.., according to the ground of the biome.

There is the two views because after ground being destroyed there are again substitution blocks that keep your decoration near the build, preventing that all empty space being replaced by air when upgrading. For now, the garden is "all cleaned", only at the last level.

When I'll have finished the 2nd building I'll do a little better their presentations (and displays)..  Blush
Ahh, now I see.

Didn't understand that before.

Yeah knowing that I can see the substitution blocks there now =D

Haha, good work!
Quick question, Does this require any other mods? (mod-blocks etc used in buildings other than Minecolonies and Minecraft )
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Also, i take it this is still under work, since the .zip you linked only contains the TownHall schematic =D
(20.11.2017, 03:37)Asherslab Wrote: Quick question, Does this require any other mods? (mod-blocks etc used in buildings other than Minecolonies and Minecraft )

Not at the moment, because everybody doesn't use same mods.  Shy

In my to do list, I have to make all the buildings in vanilla 1.12, then I would make versions 1.10 (without concrete ...), finally I would make versions with the most common mods (Chisel, tinker ..).
We shall see to where my courage will carry me  Blush

But if I decided to use many Substitutionblocks, it is to free spaces in which we can put machines.
For example, as of the TownHall2, the 3x4x3 space of the 2 bedrooms (with floor) wont change, so you can destroy the bed and chest, and use this space as you want.
The advanced users, can study in a creative map the building, and find lot of places (which are full filled with substitutionblocks in next upgrades) where to place machines and other cables, even in walls.

(20.11.2017, 09:39)Asherslab Wrote: Also, i take it this is still under work, since the .zip you linked only contains the TownHall schematic =D

(12.11.2017, 01:25)Auriel_1 Wrote: After installation, you will find a new tab " XIX Colonists ", as wood or sandstone, for the TownHall.
A single building is available at present in the pack. (working mainly on Miner for now..)

Yes, the whole colony is WIP, but TownHall is usable in that state, although it will certainly be polished up (just always more substituionblocks..).

Show ContentFor the curious, here is the WIP Mine3 in preview Big Grin: