Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint (I don't know where to put it)
I was upgrading my town hall, and it destroyed part of the builders hut and the warehouse (i had them in a town center area) because apparently the tape for the town hall doesn't match the final size of it, and is instead for the first level. This was really annoying and upsetting because all the hard work I did on the town center was destroyed.
Sorry to hear that, the tape can sometimes (most of the time not) be off, we suggest using the Build tool when placing a hut, and (on the far right) selecting the maximum level to see the full dimensions when done.

BTW i've moved this thread to the appropriate forum.
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
(14.11.2017, 05:07)Asherslab Wrote: Sorry to hear that, the tape can sometimes (most of the time not) be off
The tape isn't off, but actually the size of the "box" saved for the wooden TownHall 1&2 isn't the same that for the wooden TownHall 3,4&5..

In "How to create custom huts ?" Wiki Wrote:The scans MUST have the same footprint for the same style/Hut's type

I've build all Wooden, sandstone and Mesa buildings on a map, and the Wooden TownHall is the only one which doesn't match this wiki advice. 
BTW it is not required at all, and allows to save building time when the first levels are smaller.
(14.11.2017, 19:12)Auriel_1 Wrote:
(14.11.2017, 05:07)Asherslab Wrote: Sorry to hear that, the tape can sometimes (most of the time not) be off
The tape isn't off, but actually the size of the "box" saved for the wooden TownHall 1&2 isn't the same that for the wooden TownHall 3,4&5..

In "How to create custom huts ?" Wiki Wrote:The scans MUST have the same footprint for the same style/Hut's type

I've build all Wooden, sandstone and Mesa buildings on a map, and the Wooden TownHall is the only one which doesn't match this wiki advice. 
BTW it is not required at all, and allows to save building time when the first levels are smaller.
Yeah the townhall 1 has been scanned in the wrong manner, we will have to rescan it.
(15.11.2017, 13:12)Raycoms Wrote: Yeah the townhall 1 has been scanned in the wrong manner, we will have to rescan it.
Not only the 1, but also the 2, the problem comes because to the left the selection includes the 3 fences, but to the right it stops in raz of the building.

If you play normally with the mod, there are no concerns, we receive the building wand with the TownHall, but with some modpacks (like "Invasion!" in 1.10.2), I saw in video that they give TownHall before the wand.

It might not be a bad idea to have a screen (a kind of "minimalist wiki" with link to the full wiki) that popup the first time we have a TownHall in the inventory.
It would explain that buildings would do better to be placed with the wand, that the first place where we put TownHall fixed the colony's actual area but we can still move it ...

Last suggestion in touch with the issue of Bluepikmin64, it would be good to have directly on all the hut chests a button which allows to show a ghost of the upper level(s) before upgrading.
At present the only way is to make a 2nd hut chest of the same building, and to use the wand to show the needed ghost, but not validate it. The problem is that according to configs, we cannot always build a 2nd TownHall... Btw this trick is not known by all the players.

Edit :
I've opened a thread to discuss these suggestions
Personally, I think you guys should add some fences to the edge of the town hall final boundaries. This would allow for proper expansion, without too much increased effort by the user.