Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minecolonies Medieval Style
Brick 
NOTE 14/03/2019: I'll BE BACK SOON  Smile

Hello there my fellow medieval pack users, i have some great news for you! Im coming back to this pack sooner than you might say "Venezuelan Crisis". Talking about that, well, i had to flee from my country. It has been difficult, yes. It has been rough, indeed. But slowly im managing trough. I managed to live four months in Peru and now im living in Buenos Aires, Argentina!. As soon as i stabilize my economic situation ill be able to not only port all the buildings included in the pack, but to recontinue the building of all the crazy ideas i had before i left my home. So, good news! I thank you for your patience and cheer up the growth of Minecolonies!

Note 17/03/2019: Guess who's back?
No more words needed. Check the changelog and download stuff!

[Image: 2jCoN9A.jpg]

Hello again people! I bring you my set of medieval styled buildings for you to enjoy!

When i first started playing Mc with Minecolonies, i was amazed by all the potential of the mod and the features it had that time, but every world i spawned wasnt particulary oak forest, so it was hard to build colonies. I started building a set of different wooden styles to supply my needs of variation, so these came up. Now, the mod has grown larger, and the devs started to incorporate new biome based schematics, wich is awesome!. So, taking an oportunity since the old forum's closed, i renamed, refocused this project to a Medieval style set of schematics!

Currently planning on:

1. Building new townhalls, much smaller, civier. Castles will be new barracks.
  2. Building new huts for the new workers! they are plenty of them xD
  3. Redesign the lumberjack hut. Seems oddly mistmatched with my current form of building (did i just really say that?)
  4. More decorations, ships and medieval stuff!

I will continue to do more buildings as they came up, but only for the top version of the mod, wich is currently 1.12.2.
Right now im planing on finish all buildings (barracks and towers) and make some decorations like hatcheries, butcheries, gallows and such.

How to use?
Just download the .rar and extract its contents in minecolonies/schematics folder, inside your minecraft folder wich is by default in AppData/Roaming.

How to use custom miner schems, custom supply camp and ship?

For the camps just put the files inside minecolonies/schematics and it should work. Miner schems are already inside each style folder

Downloads for 1.12.2:
Medieval Oak v1.3.0
Medieval Spruce v1.3.0
Medieval Birch v1.3.0
Medieval Dark Oak v1.3.0

Misc downloads:
Alternative Medieval Huts v1.1.8

Custom Supply Structures v1.2

Older Versions (lack certain blocks and buildings):
Schematics 1.12.2 V1
Schematics 1.11.2
Schematics 1.10.2

Changelog:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Building Tips:
  1. Plan yourself ahead! the TownHall becomes a castle at lvl5 so plan carefully where to place it! Look for an elevated position where you can build walls and towers later.
  2. There's small variations between styles, mostly roofs and interior decoration. Almost all buildings contain only one type of wood(with the exception of TownHall), so priorize the construction of a sawmill at the begining!
  3. Some buildings have their hut block elevated (TownHall, Ctitizen hut, Dman...), place them taking this in mind.
  4. Dark Oak wooden buildings need more wood than other styles! Makes the progresion slower, but the result its worth it.
  5. The fisherman hut its best placed at sea shore, not rivers. Also, it might give trouble at snowy biomes, or if you use season mods where water freezes over. A few torches (buoy like) placed will do the work
  6. Enjoy being a feudal lord!

Create your own medieval village, wiith 4 variants: Oak wooden, Spruce wooden, Birch wooden and Dark Oak wooden!

[Image: q3234tw.jpg]

Special Thanks to the Minecolonies dev team for the amazing work they are doing, this is my small contribution to this amazing mod!

NOTE:
If you find anything thats not supposed to be, like the builder asking for eggs or misplaced stuff, just tell me wich wooden building is having the issue and ill fix it in no time!
If you got amazing photos of your colony-city using these schematics dont hesitate to post them here! i really want to look more towns using this stuff Smile . Also, im lacking more screenshots of the spruce, birch and Dark oak styles Tongue.
Thumbs Up 
These look really nice!
I have found a prob... after placing the building with the building wand, the item does not disappear from your inventory. It is a very cheaty way to clone a town hall item... and the builders hut... I have not tried any other structure, yet, but suspect that it might be a common trait.
Were you in gamemode 1 when you did that?
(11.12.2017, 07:31)michael.richard Wrote: I have found a prob... after placing the building with the building wand, the item does not disappear from your inventory.  It is a very cheaty way to clone a town hall item... and the builders hut... I have not tried any other structure, yet, but suspect that it might be a common trait.

How are you selecting the schematics in game to placer them? It might be that you didnt place the schematics inside the schematics folder but inside scans or just the minecolonies folder.
The paste functions only work when you're in Creative Mode. So, it's not cheating, it's just a side effect of being in creative.
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
[Image: udopla57015.png]
(11.12.2017, 19:04)JohnReiher Wrote: The paste functions only work when you're in Creative Mode. So, it's not cheating, it's just a side effect of being in creative.

I am playing survival, of course the prob might be the latest alpha build of the base mod as well.

edit:
I just updated the base mod to the latest alpha (minecolonies-universal-1.12.2-0.8.5950), and this prob is only with the medieval style buildings, at least the oak builder hut.

I am thinking I might need to remove these until I am told that this problem has been taken seriously, and looked into.
(11.12.2017, 21:41)michael.richard Wrote:
(11.12.2017, 19:04)JohnReiher Wrote: The paste functions only work when you're in Creative Mode. So, it's not cheating, it's just a side effect of being in creative.

I am playing survival, of course the prob might be the latest alpha build of the base mod as well.

edit:
I just updated the base mod to the latest alpha (minecolonies-universal-1.12.2-0.8.5950), and this prob is only with the medieval style buildings, at least the oak builder hut.

I am thinking I might need to remove these until I am told that this problem has been taken seriously, and looked into.

Ill take a look at it tomorrow and reupload the schems
Somehow the town hall block now works as I expect it to, but the Oak Builder Hut fails out on me. The block gets placed, but the block is NOT removed from my inventory, a citizen is not assigned, the construction tape is not placed, nor can I even access the chest function to do anything with it. It seems to be a phantom block, but when broken it drops another builder hut block.
(15.12.2017, 00:38)michael.richard Wrote: Somehow the town hall block now works as I expect it to, but the Oak Builder Hut fails out on me.  The block gets placed, but the block is NOT removed from my inventory, a citizen is not assigned, the construction tape is not placed, nor can I even access the chest function to do anything with it.  It seems to be a phantom block, but when broken it drops another builder hut block.

Done i guess, ill reupload them soon. The builder issue should be fixed. Enjoy
----EDIT----
Schematics uploaded, test them out and let me know any issues you find.