Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
builder not completing a build
minecraft version is 1.12.2

building using the Taiga designs, but the builder stops building some of the buildings part way through, as if he is stuck.  Builder is level 4, but won't complete town hall level 4, won't build level 3 house, or level 4 baker or level 4 fisher... still checking other places.

any ideas?

ty
It might just be an issue with the taiga schematics.

You do have a builder hut of at least level 4 I assume? (just to verify the basics)
Builder will only build buildings up to the level of his own hut. So if builder's hut is only level 3 he can't build any level 4 buildings until his own building is level 4.
yea, as I posted builder is level 4... but even had problems building lvl 3 citizen hut... 

started a new world and keeping with traditional buildings, but really like the way Tiaga looks
It frustrating isn't it.... have minecolonies in a mod pack through curse. Built me a house, used chisels & bits and some of the other mods, decorated it TO THE NINES!!!!! Decided to start the colony. built the builder's hut, started the townhall....He had all the materials and tools he could have possibly needed or wanted... that bugger didnt even finish the ground work before he decided he was gonna go on strike. Fired his sorry a$$. Hired a new builder... I think him and the first builder are in cahoots with each other. Tore down the hut, set up another builder's chest else where, hired a different builder. They are all in the same friggin union. So, not happy!!!! And my house looks so pretty....sniff sniff
I have personally used all the taiga schematics and my builders have built them all with no problem. 1.12.2 Sometimes i have to make sure that their inventory or chest isnt full. Also see if you can fulfill their request manually.
(14.01.2018, 00:04)Matthias Wrote: I have personally used all the taiga schematics and my builders have built them all with no problem. 1.12.2 Sometimes i have to make sure that their inventory or chest isnt full. Also see if you can fulfill their request manually.

I have no idea.  they have made no request, the only things in their personal inventory is what they only need, nothing more, with more stuff in their chest inventory.
Tried firing and rehiring them? Have to toggle auto job placement to manual at the town hall to do so.
(14.01.2018, 09:34)Matthias Wrote: Tried firing and rehiring them? Have to toggle auto job placement to manual at the town hall to do so.

Did that a number of times and nothing... its all good.  just start another world and get the village....hopefully.... done up before i start anything fancy for myself....

Thanks anyways.
No problem, hope it goes well for you.
I've found three problems that kept my builder from working:

1. Inventory full. His inventory is full, and so is the woefully small chest in the builder's hut. He just stood there, not working. I took something out of the chest, and a stack of sand appeared. He didn't have sand in his inventory, though. I took out the sand and more sand appeared. 4-5 stacks of sand later, he finally drops off 5 sand and suddenly gets back to work. That builder's hut chest needs to be bigger.

2. Broken tools. He has a Tinkers' Construct shovel, and tells me he's "clearing" for the new building, but all he does is walk from the builder's hut to the new building and back, never stopping to work. It turns out his shovel was broken, and I'm assuming that because it was still in his inventory he wouldn't report that he needed a shovel. Fixed the shovel and he got back to work right away.

3. Sometimes he's collected too many thoughts and needs his brain wiped. Save and quit then reload the world and he gets back to work.