Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage, Citizens, feeding
I started a few days before with minecolonies. Its fun thank you Smile . The potential in this mod is endless.

Now the colony grows I have increasingly problems with the storage in the warehouse. It's a pain to find things.

Would be great to have a possibility to mark one (or more than one) block as a storage Interface for the delivery man. So the user can define himself the storage method, wether this is a diamond chest or a refined storage system or so. If the delivery man can't put items he chat a message. Perhaps also a mod option setting where its choosable standard storage or custom one ?

At start I had a few low level skill citizens. I had to kill them to get better ones. Would be good to have the possibility to fire them not only from hut but also from colony.

Why the delivery man doesn't deliver bread to the other citizens if I have a baker ? I always have to feed them myself, so in fact I can't do anything else...
The problem with *this is that it causes an immaculate amount of lag, on our public server we used to have the normal vanilla chests in the warehouse and the server had pretty low tps with 2/3 colonies loaded (players online), when we moved to racks (Completely different storage type compared to vanilla / etc) we removed about 60% of our tps usage. Also, we would love to add things for mods such as RefinedStorage, but that is more of an... Extension, in our minds, such that our current priority is bug fixes and such (As we've reached a certain point delineated by us in our development that calls for a slowdown on features and a focus on Bugs and small improvements)

*This - meaning the storage interface idea
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
thanks for reply ahserslab. I see your point. Stabilize from time to time is essential before introducing new features.

That with lag ? There are many servers with many users and each one has a complexe storage system. If you have automated mining and mystical flower farms, mob farms, you introduce or export huge amounts of items. But I don't know if you run your own storage database for delivery man. It must be otherwise delivery man can't find specific items in the different storages. So then I could understand a bit additional lag because of the DB for each warehouse or at least player. But this lag you have with every type of storage. And the lag is perhaps about memory issues (vanilla chest versus rack).

What's about feeding citizens via delivery man ? Do I make something wrong or is it not possible ?

Any way good job. Thank you.
The citizens should go to the Restaurant for getting fed.

The lag is because the old way we had to check every single slot of every single chest in a warehouse just to find the info we need, which obv uses a lot of resources. with the new chests (completely different backend) we only need to do 1 check per chest (vs 30 or more). the same would occur with any possible "vanilla like" storage system (the only type that we have an API for other than our own), so a RS system with 20000 slots could potentially kill a server with just 3 warehouses.
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
(11.01.2018, 10:03)Asherslab Wrote: The citizens should go to the Restaurant for getting fed.

The lag is because the old way we had to check every single slot of every single chest in a warehouse just to find the info we need, which obv uses a lot of resources. with the new chests (completely different backend) we only need to do 1 check per chest (vs 30 or more). the same would occur with any possible "vanilla like" storage system (the only type that we have an API for other than our own), so a RS system with 20000 slots could potentially kill a server with just 3 warehouses.

What if there was a way to have the Deliveryman check only 1 item? For instance a player can insert a specific item into a "frame" that comes prebuilt into each schematic, and the delivery man will only put items of that ID into that chest. And when it needs to deliver an item to a worker's chest, it only has to search like 30 IDs possible in a warehouse's storage vs. 30 item slots per storage chest? I will admit i am ignorant on the possibilities. But i damn sure love this mod and want to see it grow and succeed!

Thanks,
Matthias
(13.01.2018, 07:07)Matthias Wrote:
(11.01.2018, 10:03)Asherslab Wrote: The citizens should go to the Restaurant for getting fed.

What if there was a way to have the Deliveryman check only 1 item? For instance a player can insert a specific item into a "frame" that comes prebuilt into each schematic, and the delivery man will only put items of that ID into that chest. And when it needs to deliver an item to a worker's chest, it only has to search like 30 IDs possible in a warehouse's storage vs. 30 item slots per storage chest? I will admit i am ignorant on the possibilities. But i damn sure love this mod and want to see it grow and succeed!

Thanks,
Matthias

The problem isn't that he doesn't know what's in the inventory (Well really it is of sorts). basically he has to check every slot either way, in such that even if we were to do that we'd still have to check for A) Stack size of each item B) Empty slots. the main problem is the Empty slots part because you cannot check a whole inventory for that, but you must check each and every slot one by one to see if it's empty. i'll pass this conversation off to Raycoms as he's the mastermind behind the racks and such as a system and would probably mark a bunch of what i said as wrong or otherwise. Thanks!
The basic problem with this is, that we actually never know where the itemStack is, let's say we use only vanilla chests, a double chest has 54 slots, let's say we have 4 chests were an item may be, that's 216 slots we have to check within 1 tick (that means we have to check 4032 slots in a second) I hope you know where I am getting here, this simply means that it will be a huge overhead to search in vanilla chests, diamond chests would be even worse. It's not something like AE, where the player himself searches the chests and that only now and then, we have to do it each requests multiple times.
I designed the racks to not need this, the racks store kinda a list of what they have. So we can find out within 1-2 checks per chest if the item we want is in there. Which is extremely efficient.
Nevertheless, we're planning on a worker which sorts the warehouse to improve the usability.
Thanks for the prompt replies guys. It shows you care. I sure hope you guys know we care about your mod and your hard work as well! Cudos!