Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible development idea
Hi All,

Loving this mod. Cant wait to see what you do with it. Ive had a thought on a building idea.

I was thinking of a Nether portal building which links the colony to the Nether so you can continue your construction into the nether. I have no idea how you would be able to do this. Just think it would be great to have a set of buildings for the nether with something like a hopper cart moving items back from the nether. When the portal is made you get a chest with 1 building to be the Portal room for the nether side. 

Then with the leveling of the building you can have it slowly expand and get cleaned up into newer materials. This would then allow you to make a new set of buildings like a Lava pumper, farm nether wart, set up guard towers near fortress and a different miner that goes up and down Smile.

Let me know if you think this is even possible.

Thanks for your efforts.
Rentatank
(12.01.2018, 07:57)rentatank Wrote: Hi All,

Loving this mod. Cant wait to see what you do with it. Ive had a thought on a building idea.

I was thinking of a Nether portal building which links the colony to the Nether so you can continue your construction into the nether. I have no idea how you would be able to do this. Just think it would be great to have a set of buildings for the nether with something like a hopper cart moving items back from the nether. When the portal is made you get a chest with 1 building to be the Portal room for the nether side. 

Then with the leveling of the building you can have it slowly expand and get cleaned up into newer materials. This would then allow you to make a new set of buildings like a Lava pumper, farm nether wart, set up guard towers near fortress and a different miner that goes up and down Smile.

Let me know if you think this is even possible.

Thanks for your efforts.
Rentatank

I could see this working with Ender chests. Have one in the building on the top side, maybe the one that houses the portal itself and one in a Nether warehouse or something. Downside is they don't interact with hoppers or anything. Also the Nether is fairly challenging to gather resources from in the first place, glowstone usually take some work to get up to and most of the rest of the materials come from mob drops. We could probably get a healthy supply or netherrack and soul sand haha.