Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Builder's Hut chest is too small
Since the builder needs so many different blocks, and collects blocks when clearing, his inventory often fills up. Meanwhile, the builder's chest is full of everything he needs to finish the building. When there's no space, he stops working. If the builder's hut chest held double the number of items, managing the builder would be much less of a hassle.

Also, if the builder has things to drop off he should say "I need more space in my pockets!" or something so you know to clear out the seeds and dirt. This would be less frustrating than just finding him standing in his hut, not working and not talking to you about why.
Yes, this! Good Suggestion.
(29.01.2018, 19:04)Bihlbo Wrote: Since the builder needs so many different blocks, and collects blocks when clearing, his inventory often fills up. Meanwhile, the builder's chest is full of everything he needs to finish the building. When there's no space, he stops working. If the builder's hut chest held double the number of items, managing the builder would be much less of a hassle.

Also, if the builder has things to drop off he should say "I need more space in my pockets!" or something so you know to clear out the seeds and dirt. This would be less frustrating than just finding him standing in his hut, not working and not talking to you about why.

It would be super nice if the final stages (level 4 and 5) of the builders hut had racks that he could access! Or if we add racks to the radius of the builders hut that he would be able to pull from them automatically.
(08.02.2018, 00:50)Snapshot84 Wrote: It would be super nice if the final stages (level 4 and 5) of the builders hut had racks that he could access! Or if we add racks to the radius of the builders hut that he would be able to pull from them automatically.

Since I posted this I noticed that the spare chest in the builder's hut (sandstone style) also gets used for storage, which is really neat. Turns out it's still not enough, but it helps that you can clear out the builder's chest and drop those blocks into the spare chest. Less problem with the builder not having room to dump his inventory. Now all that's needed is to change the schematic so there's about 5 more. However, from my experiments with adding new schematics, I probably couldn't make those new chests get used properly. I need to learn Java, I guess.
(08.02.2018, 19:34)Bihlbo Wrote:
(08.02.2018, 00:50)Snapshot84 Wrote: It would be super nice if the final stages (level 4 and 5) of the builders hut had racks that he could access! Or if we add racks to the radius of the builders hut that he would be able to pull from them automatically.

Since I posted this I noticed that the spare chest in the builder's hut (sandstone style) also gets used for storage, which is really neat. Turns out it's still not enough, but it helps that you can clear out the builder's chest and drop those blocks into the spare chest. Less problem with the builder not having room to dump his inventory. Now all that's needed is to change the schematic so there's about 5 more. However, from my experiments with adding new schematics, I probably couldn't make those new chests get used properly. I need to learn Java, I guess.

Does the builder actually pull resources from that chest or is it just one close by that you can put extra items in? I don't think theres any limitation to us putting down extra chests in their house (although they will destroy them when upgrading the building), I would just love to see them actually pull items from those. The delivery man takes way too long to get him the supplies he needs.
(18.02.2018, 00:38)Snapshot84 Wrote: Does the builder actually pull resources from that chest or is it just one close by that you can put extra items in? I don't think theres any limitation to us putting down extra chests in their house (although they will destroy them when upgrading the building), I would just love to see them actually pull items from those. The delivery man takes way too long to get him the supplies he needs.

The sandstone style builder's hut does use the extra chest that it builds as part of the plan. The chest even becomes a double chest with step 3. If you put items in that chest directly, they count toward what is needed for the current builder's task. If the builder doesn't have items that are stored in that chest, the builder will pull the needed items out of that chest. If the builder's main chest is full and you have items needed for the current build, and you select the up arrow in the builder hut interface to contribute those items, the items will be deposited into the extra chest.

This works flawlessly, with one exception. If the builder wants to drop off stuff in the main chest and it's full, the builder does not drop off the items in the extra chest. You instead have to clear out the main chest and move the items somewhere else, like the extra chest, in order for the builder to have room to deposit items.

Just need double the extra chests, that's all. Sandstone styles use copious colors of carpet and wood. It really gets ridiculous.
I haven't tested other builder's hut styles to see if they have extra chests, and if they work.