Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with barbarians!!!
OK, am I dumb or just the only one trying to play in survival?

Once my colony gets big enough to attract raiding groups of about 10 barbarians or more they totally overpower all of my guards, and my ability to try and chip in and help gets me killed multiple times each night too. Not to mention that if I accidentally hit one of my guards in the melee they will hunt me down and kill me!

They gang up so that 6 or more barbarians will attack a single guard, and they are much better at fighting than my guards. I am building enchanted armour and enchanted bows as fast as I can, but the guards die so easily and I then have to either find who picked up their stuff, or make new ones, to give to the newly employed guards who are quite happy to wander around with no protection in the middle of a raid. Or they stand in their tower waiting for me to arm them!

There has to be a better way to do this! All of my colonies quickly become unplayable because they raids just kill everyone!

Help!?
Have you made a city center that concentrate you townhall and your citizen huts, and circle that of walls found in the decoration part ?
Worker come to their citizen hut at night so they should be safe before attacks..

I haven't encounter yet the barbarians, but I think it's what I'll do Wink

Or build a barrack, seems to me that each tower generate a guard team, so guard aren't alone anymore.. (also I've not build this yet)
(16.02.2018, 17:36)GettinColony Wrote: OK, am I dumb or just the only one trying to play in survival?

Once my colony gets big enough to attract raiding groups of about 10 barbarians or more they totally overpower all of my guards, and my ability to try and chip in and help gets me killed multiple times each night too. Not to mention that if I accidentally hit one of my guards in the melee they will hunt me down and kill me!

They gang up so that 6 or more barbarians will attack a single guard, and they are much better at fighting than my guards. I am building enchanted armour and enchanted bows as fast as I can, but the guards die so easily and I then have to either find who picked up their stuff, or make new ones, to give to the newly employed guards who are quite happy to wander around with no protection in the middle of a raid. Or they stand in their tower waiting for me to arm them!

There has to be a better way to do this! All of my colonies quickly become unplayable because they raids just kill everyone!

Help!?

You can adjust the difficulty in the config file to make it a little more manageable. I have also found that the default settings feel very overpowered. Depending on how quickly you are advancing your colony they will start coming at very challenging levels pretty quickly. The Ancient Tomes they drop do warn you during the day if a raid is coming that night so you can prepare and try and be at the spawn point if possible.
If you build a wooden fence completely circling your colony and put a few gates in it, they will march up to the gates and mill about in a mass. Take a bow, move up to just out of their shooting range, and mow them down. They will drop many, many swords from stone to diamond as well as tomes and a ton of XP. Keep this up and all your guards will eventually be sporting diamond swords and be leveled up a ton. I have a level 16 guard in full armor with a diamond sword and if I don't watch him he'll go out and killsteal the whole lot of them.
(20.02.2018, 05:18)Zarimus Wrote: If you build a wooden fence completely circling your colony and put a few gates in it, they will march up to the gates and mill about in a mass. Take a bow, move up to just out of their shooting range, and mow them down. They will drop many, many swords from stone to diamond as well as tomes and a ton of XP. Keep this up and all your guards will eventually be sporting diamond swords and be leveled up a ton. I have a level 16 guard in full armor with a diamond sword and if I don't watch him he'll go out and killsteal the whole lot of them.

My latest colony has a fence like this, and it just shows how dumb the guards are! They will happily stand right against the gate while shooting the barbarians with arrows, yet will then get killed by the barbarians with their arrows or even swords! They will also kill a few barbarians, then open the gates and barge through the crowd of still-living barbarians to pick up the drops from the first few they have shot (getting killed for doing so!). They will also open the gates to go out, letting about a dozen barbarians into the colony.

Oh, and the other thing... If I get the guards patrolling around inside the gate area, they will often just merrily wander around on their patrol path 3 or 4 blocks from the hoard of angry barbarians, without even noticing them. I suspect that they only notice them if they get hurt by an arrow - if all the barbarians are chiefs or axemen they don't get hit so ignore them!