Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So.. does anybody want to expain the Barbarians? There's no wiki page on them.
Can anybody give a quick explanation of how the barbarians work, and what they do? There isn't a wiki page on them. Thanks.
Every once in a while (the frequency can be adjusted in the configuration file for the mod) you will get a message telling you there's a barbarian raid coming in the night. They always seem to come at night, and they vary from about 10 or so mobs to... I dunno, probably 50+? Anyway they're human models like the citizens but skinned to look barbarian-y. They will swarm in and attack citizens and you, and they can be annoyingly tough depending on your difficulty level. They drop swords from stone all the way up to diamond, ancient tomes and XP balls.

The best way I've found to deal with them is to run a wooden fence around your colony with several gates. The barbarians will head for a gate but be unable to open it, so they will just stand around popping off a few arrows if you get close. You can stand outside their range with a bow and pick them off, but beware if your guards spot them as they will close to engage and possibly get shot by accident - which makes them attack back, and leveled guards can kill you pretty quickly.
(22.02.2018, 06:41)Zarimus Wrote: Every once in a while (the frequency can be adjusted in the configuration file for the mod) you will get a message telling you there's a barbarian raid coming in the night. They always seem to come at night, and they vary from about 10 or so mobs to... I dunno, probably 50+? Anyway they're human models like the citizens but skinned to look barbarian-y. They will swarm in and attack citizens and you, and they can be annoyingly tough depending on your difficulty level. They drop swords from stone all the way up to diamond, ancient tomes and XP balls.  

The best way I've found to deal with them is to run a wooden fence around your colony with several gates. The barbarians will head for a gate but be unable to open it, so they will just stand around popping off a few arrows if you get close. You can stand outside their range with a bow and pick them off, but beware if your guards spot them as they will close to engage and possibly get shot by accident - which makes them attack back, and leveled guards can kill you pretty quickly.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that the guards are so dumb that they are more trouble than they are worth. You need them to keep the happiness up, so perhaps my next colony will have then all "guarding" a dark room underground where they can't cause trouble!