Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder and solid placeholder blocks
Howdy all,

I have one somehow small, but important(at least for me) question.
I wanted to create my custom barracks, but i failed with those two blocks, and tower placement.
Does anyone know how to correctly use them, so the barracks towers place how they have to?
Both buildings are at lvl 1 now, and i didn't started the other levels, because i haven't solved either how to use those blocks, or i there's fault somewhere else. My barracks towers place close to the barracks block like other schematic types(wood, stone etc) but if i want them to be farther from the barracks block, and placed where I want them to, how to do so?
Thank you for helping out.

I cannot add the pictures, because their size is too big.
The best way to explain would probably be to start by saying that anything within a schematic will be built as is, so even air blocks will remain (so blocks will be removed if they are where that 'air block' should be) now, the placeholder block tells the schematic that no matter what is there, leave it there (So for example in your barracks you would use these where the towers go so that they don't get deleted during upgrades) the solid placeholder block tells the schematic if there is a block here, leave it, otherwise place a dirt block here. Hopefully that is helpful. Smile

As for the barracks towers, unfortunately you're unable to move them currently, they must stay where the barracks places them.
(17.03.2018, 23:08)PoroUsedSnax Wrote: The best way to explain would probably be to start by saying that anything within a schematic will be built as is, so even air blocks will remain (so blocks will be removed if they are where that 'air block' should be) now, the placeholder block tells the schematic that no matter what is there, leave it there (So for example in your barracks you would use these where the towers go so that they don't get deleted during upgrades) the solid placeholder block tells the schematic if there is a block here, leave it, otherwise place a dirt block here. Hopefully that is helpful. Smile

As for the barracks towers, unfortunately you're unable to move them currently, they must stay where the barracks places them.

Thank you for explaining those blocks, how they work. I need to solve the center of the barracks then if the towers cannot be moved.
Is there a way to replace a block with the placeholder block easily? I see in the new setup that when you click the second time with the scan tool, you can see a list of blocks used and you can replace one block with another but I don't see the placeholder block on the list.

Thanks.

(09.12.2018, 23:46)KarenHayes-Mitchell Wrote: Is there a way to replace a block with the placeholder block easily? I see in the new setup that when you click the second time with the scan tool, you can see a list of blocks used and you can replace one block with another but I don't see the placeholder block on the list.

Thanks.

Nevermind I found it.