Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slight change to deliverymen
Information 
A feature i would love to see would be that we could see and control what warehouse delivermen work at to be able to set what buildings the deliver to and take from.
It would help control what goes in each warehouse and help streamline deliveries to builders and such
(04.11.2019, 11:15)Insonotic Wrote: A feature i would love to see would be that we could see and control what warehouse delivermen work at to be able to set what buildings the deliver to and take from.
It would help control what goes in each warehouse and help streamline deliveries to builders and such

I agree with this wholeheartedly! My biggest frustration when I employ a deliveryman is I like to front load my workers with more stuff than they need (several axes/pickaxes for the lumberjack/miner, lots of bread/baking materials for the baker, etc) and it seems soon enough the deliveryman comes and removes some of those items. They are very slow to replenish them when the worker needs a replacement so it ends up being a tedious process. I believe this might be covered under the Automatic/Static and/or the priority setting under each worker's building but i'm unclear on how those settings work or haven't been able to master an efficient set up.

Ideally it would be great if you could set the delivery man to only deposit, only retrieve, or both from each worker chest. Or maybe a additional rack type is created that stores only the output of a worker. So tools and such are stored in the worker block inventory itself and we can toggle whether the deliveryman interacts with that inventory. But the output rack which stores only the output generated by the worker (logs, cobblestone/ore, baked/cooked goods, wool/leather/raw meat, etc) is able to be accessed by the deliveryman to restock the warehouse with. (It could very well be set up this way already and I just didn't realize?)