Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Problem] Smelter
In my game I had issues with my smelter.

First, my smelter ask for smeltable ore, but his request cannot bu fulfilled even with iron ore in my warehouse nore in my inventory. And when I had furnish him with ore and fuel, he didn't smelt them.

Then, after the classic manipulation to debug him (fire/hire, recall, etc...) I murder him until one citizen was able to smelt (but not able to have his requests fulfilled).

I was curious and then tested in my creative game if there was the same problem, but nope. In my creative game the smelter was correctly deliver by the deliveryman with ressources from the warehouse :/
How many deliverymen do you have in your colony? Eventually if you have a few workers a single one won't be able to deal with everything
I have only one. But that's not the problem. As I say above, the worker doesn't send a request to the deliveryman. It's not a problem of time, I checked. When a worker need an item store in the warehouse, when you chekc the request there is one for the warehouse.
In my case, there was none of it, even after droping ore in the warehouse and then cancel the request to reinitialyze it.
Moreover, when a worker have a request, and you have the object of that request in you inventory, there is the option "fulfill". Even there my smelter doesn't present that option when I had ore in my inventory
(30.05.2018, 08:34)Yoeril Wrote: In my game I had issues with my smelter.

First, my smelter ask for smeltable ore, but his request cannot bu fulfilled even with iron ore in my warehouse nore in my inventory. And when I had furnish him with ore and fuel, he didn't smelt them.

Then, after the classic manipulation to debug him (fire/hire, recall, etc...) I murder him until one citizen was able to smelt (but not able to have his requests fulfilled).

I was curious and then tested in my creative game if there was the same problem, but nope. In my creative game the smelter was correctly deliver by the deliveryman with ressources from the warehouse :/

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I just created an account to find out if this ever was resolved or not. I don't even care if I have to simply not use the smeltery, but now I'm constantly getting the "need smeltable ore" message from each person I've tried to hire, despite them working in other huts now. ::( I have many deliverymen and such, I have even hand-delivered the materials, as Yoeril mentioned in his next post.

It's slightly annoying to deal with, but I've been dealing with it for the sake of still using the mod. I absolutely LOVE this mod <3
I'm not really sure what happened for me to miss this for 2/3 months :c My apologies, hopefully you got help on our Discord, but anyway for the newer post also, I'd recommend making sure you are up to date with the latest alpha off curse and also try using /mc rs reset colony: [ID], ID can be found with /mc whereami inside your colony