Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishermen wont fish
Im using Minecolonies 1.15.2 

So all of my other workers work, but my fishermen will not fish. It will occasionally make the sound like they're fishing, but the line doesn't cast. They do not catch anything, ever. I do not have any fishing mods on there. I've tried firing and rehiring. Firing, waiting over night, and emptying theirs and the huts inventory then rehiring, it didn't work. I tried that then rehiring someone new. I tried recalling the workers at the town center and at the hut. I tried hitting them, moving them....you name it, I've done it. The hut is all the way upgraded. They are fed, they have a house and the hut is by water. I just don't get what their deal is.
Im having the same issue with my fisherman
(12.05.2020, 03:03)pLeo Wrote: Im having the same issue with my fisherman

Not seen this .. is there a 7x7 grid 2 deep in front of the jetty. They will only use vanilla unenchanted fishing rods.. and they got through these at a massive rate of knots.. if a shame they won't use one enchanted with any form of "unbreaking" which is vanilla.
(12.05.2020, 15:13)Cailong Wrote:

Not seen this .. is there a 7x7 grid 2 deep in front of the jetty. They will only use vanilla unenchanted fishing rods.. and they got through these at a massive rate of knots.. if a shame they won't use one enchanted with any form of "unbreaking" which is vanilla.

The shack is literally on the water. Access to water isn't an issue. He is using a regular fishing rod. I never gave him something enchanted.
(18.05.2020, 23:00)TerraStella Wrote:

The shack is literally on the water. Access to water isn't an issue. He is using a regular fishing rod. I never gave him something enchanted.

Access to water is not the issue, the size and depth of the water is. It needs to be 7x7 and 2 deep otherwise they won't fish. It's in the building description. On 15.2 the builder actually clear this space, but they don't back fill it with water tiles...
The shack is against the ocean. He has the whole ocean and about 15-20 blocks below him.

(19.05.2020, 00:19)Cailong Wrote:
(18.05.2020, 23:00)TerraStella Wrote:

Access to water is not the issue, the size and depth of the water is. It needs to be 7x7 and 2 deep otherwise they won't fish. It's in the building description. On 15.2 the builder actually clear this space, but they don't back fill it with water tiles...

The shack is against the ocean. He has the whole ocean and about 15-20 blocks below him.
Maybe that is the salient pice of information that was originally missing from your post. My fisherman is on a lake/river and it is only 2/3 blocks deep. Perhas the issue is with the ocean type as this changes substantively post the "aquatic" update, so there are now many more ocean types. So what ocean type is it you're trying to fish in? Depp Cold? Warm Shallow? Luke Warm?