Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing University Block?
Hi, we just updated to the latest version of MineColonies and we are still missing the University block. We are using the latest version using the Twitch installer.  Any thoughts? We have been watching several YouTubers who are all using it and the new research trees and feel like we are missing out. Not to mention it enables the school and the hospital. 

Thanks for any help!
The Hospital is not dependant on the university.. I built it long before I ever got close to either placing the University block or building it. In fact you'll likely need it early unless you've got diseases disabled. I had a major flu outbreak when I hit 8 population, although you can actually treat all the victims yourself by feeding them tthe cure directly.
if you're got JEI installed the @minecol univ should give you the recipe. I've not tried building/placing the school yet.
(26.05.2020, 17:46)Cailong Wrote: The Hospital is not dependant on the university.. I built it long before I ever got close to either placing the University block or building it. In fact you'll likely need it early unless you've got diseases disabled. I had a major flu outbreak when I hit 8 population, although you can actually treat all the victims yourself by feeding them tthe cure directly.
if you're got JEI installed the @minecol univ should give you the recipe. I've not tried building/placing the school yet.

I put in @minecol into JEI and I'm not seeing the symbol for the university and several other things like the glassblower hut, dyers's hut and the plantation.  Any ideas?
(26.05.2020, 23:57)dala91 Wrote:
(26.05.2020, 17:46)Cailong Wrote: The Hospital is not dependant on the university.. I built it long before I ever got close to either placing the University block or building it. In fact you'll likely need it early unless you've got diseases disabled. I had a major flu outbreak when I hit 8 population, although you can actually treat all the victims yourself by feeding them tthe cure directly.

I put in @minecol into JEI and I'm not seeing the symbol for the university and several other things like the glassblower hut, dyers's hut and the plantation.  Any ideas?

No idea .. it should be there.. i'm using the 1.15.2 Release build from March. I have, University, Hospital, and Library.
Recipes, are P=wooden Plank(any variety), Bt= Build tool, Bk=Book, C=Carrot

University                Hospital               Library
  P Bt P                     P Bt P                 P Bt P
  P Bk P                    P C  P                 P Bk P
  P Bk P                    P  P P                 P  P  P
What version are you using? I think by default, twitch will only use "release" versions of mods. Minecolonies has not had a version flagged as "release" in quite some time. You should be able to manualy select the latest alpha version from the version tab in the modpage of Minecolonies in the twitch client though.
(29.05.2020, 08:04)SirSmuggler Wrote: What version are you using? I think by default, twitch will only use "release" versions of mods. Minecolonies has not had a version flagged as "release" in quite some time. You should be able to manualy select the latest alpha version from the version tab in the modpage of Minecolonies in the twitch client though.

The twitch launcher is bloated and a pain in the a**e. Use the GDLauncher instead..
University block is there, its just invisible. For me right now, farm, university, hospital and logger are all invisible, oh and the chicken hut.
(02.07.2020, 05:53)pirateprincess23 Wrote: University block is there, its just invisible. For me right now, farm, university, hospital and logger are all invisible, oh and the chicken hut.

It may be OptiFine's fault, try disabling it