Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Citizens
So about half of my colonists are sick with influenza and can't work or do anything else.  They are telling me to build a hospital, but when I try I am told I need a university and to research hospitals first.  My deliveryman is among the sick, which makes building anything a pain.  Am I just completely stuck until I get both a university and a hospital and however long it takes to research hospitals?  Is there any other way to deal with sick colonists?

EDIT: I successfully built a university and researched hospitals, but my builder got sick in the middle of building a hospital. What do I do now? Sad
(11.07.2020, 00:18)HahnAckles Wrote: So about half of my colonists are sick with influenza and can't work or do anything else.  They are telling me to build a hospital, but when I try I am told I need a university and to research hospitals first.  My deliveryman is among the sick, which makes building anything a pain.  Am I just completely stuck until I get both a university and a hospital and however long it takes to research hospitals?  Is there any other way to deal with sick colonists?

EDIT: I successfully built a university and researched hospitals, but my builder got sick in the middle of building a hospital.  What do I do now?  
Try giving the builder carrot and potato. They might cure the influenza. If not, I would fire the current builder. Hire a colonist that isn't sick (fire them from their current occupation if need be). You may have to cancel the current hospital build, then start the building again with the new builder.