Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change the size of the colony? Bug?
I have started playing this mod as part of the "World of Dragons" modpack through the twitch launcher. Its not a great modpack tbh but it has this mod in and some RPG stuff which is what I wanted to play.
The version of mincolonies in the pack seems to be "minecolonies-1.12.2-0.9.137- ALPHA-universal.jar"

I very carefully placed my town hall so that I had a big area in which to place my town, well within what the wiki claims to be an area of "180 blocks in every direction will be your protected Town area". Now I am trying to place a building about 100 blocks from my town hall but get the message "You need to be closer to your town hall".

This map shows the chunks and locations:
https://ibb.co/n35KjK

The wiki also claims that I can "configure your own Town area radius in the minecolonies.cfg file inside the "../minecraft/config/" folder".  In my config folder I found this:

# Colony size (radius) - deprecated, don't use
        I:workingRangeTownHall=200

# Colony size (radius in chunks around central colony chunk)
        I:workingRangeTownHallChunks=16

I think where I am trying to place the building is well within that 200 block/16 chunk range. I tried doubling both numbers and saving over the .cfg file but still could not place the farm building. Have I misunderstood something?

I found this similar issue on github, but it is closed and I don't understand what the solution was. It seems they deleted the colony?
https://github.com/ldtteam/minecolonies/issues/2249

I cannot be the first person to have encountered this. If anyone has managed to resolve this issue please let me know.

-Notaro
Once a colony has been placed you need to claim more chunks, changing it in the config is just for new colonies.

Use this command: /mc colony claim [colony: colony id] [range: number in chunks] [add: true/false]
(14.10.2018, 21:05)PoroUsedSnax Wrote: Once a colony has been placed you need to claim more chunks, changing it in the config is just for new colonies.

Use this command: /mc colony claim [colony: colony id] [range: number in chunks] [add: true/false]

Can you show an example of using this command? I tried the following but it returned what looks like an error?

I entered: /mc colony claim Snapshot84's Colony 125 true

It returned: /mineColonies colony claim <colony: integer> <dimension: integer> [range: integer] [add: boolean]: missing required parameter colony

I'm not sure what my colony id is?
You can use /mc whereami to find your colony ID, if you're on SSP with 1 colony it will be ID 1

In your case, the usage of the command would be /mc colony claim colony: [id] range: 125 add: true

The parts such as 'colony: ' and 'range: ' are important in any command, as well as the actual value you're inputting

I will add too, make sure to claim the chunks from the center of your colony, otherwise the border will be offset
Does your town increase in radius as your townhall levels up? (aka does it have to be lvl 5 to get max distance?)

I have my townhall range set to 150 chunks and I just started a new town and i'm already hitting range issues and I should be no where near the boundary.

(08.11.2018, 07:07)Snapshot84 Wrote: Does your town increase in radius as your townhall levels up? (aka does it have to be lvl 5 to get max distance?)

I have my townhall range set to 150 chunks and I just started a new town and i'm already hitting range issues and I should be no where near the boundary.

Also, I was able to just claim 125 additional chunks using the below command (it said it was successful)

/mc colony claim colony: 1 dimension: 0 range: 125 add: true

But I went back to the spot I was trying to place a building and it still said I need to be closer to the townhall?