Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating new Colonies.
Is there any way of creating colonies in new locations once one has been established. It is my goal to use the mod as a means to gather resources to build large cities and eventually nations. Normally I would have four villages which are built around already occurring villages or abandoned structures, after defensive walls are constructed around all cities I would then create a Minas Tirith style city using resources from the 4 cities.  Since this mod has colonies I want to simply create new colonies in locations that do not  have villages or abandoned structures  present and either has resources or are in strategic locations,
There is no easy way of doing so currently, but the main option would have to be setting your current colony to an owner of abandoned
Code:
/mc colony ownerchange colony: <id> player: [abandoned]
and setting yourself as officer so you can still access it (I think ownerchange should do this anyway but you can do yourself if not) then you can create a new colony, although I'm not 100% sure if you can use the abandoned owner for multiple colonies, but I believe you can
(03.12.2018, 00:06)PoroUsedSnax Wrote: There is no easy way of doing so currently, but the main option would have to be setting your current colony to an owner of abandoned
Code:
and setting yourself as officer so you can still access it (I think ownerchange should do this anyway but you can do yourself if not) then you can create a new colony, although I'm not 100% sure if you can use the abandoned owner for multiple colonies, but I believe you can

is it possible to use the colony as a means to get a city started and as it grows in wealth and power I replace it with other building and them build it in another location I wish to develop.  A colony is usually a settlement whose purpose is to produce resources for the mother country. I would think that this mod would make it easier to start resource production in a region until I am able to get manufacturing from the other mods I use. I use ancient warfare 2, millenaire, doogamaloo cities, recurrent complex, just to name a few. Also if I were to release control of the colony will it still function on its own? Will the soldiers still defend their territory and if a citizens dies will a new one sprout up? If this happens I could likely create small independent citystates which could offer protection of choke point and hard to control areas from zombies and other ilk. I understand that I would likely still be able to take their resources if I need them
(08.12.2018, 17:27)Putin4ever Wrote:
(03.12.2018, 00:06)PoroUsedSnax Wrote: There is no easy way of doing so currently, but the main option would have to be setting your current colony to an owner of abandoned
Code:

is it possible to use the colony as a means to get a city started and as it grows in wealth and power I replace it with other building and them build it in another location I wish to develop.  A colony is usually a settlement whose purpose is to produce resources for the mother country. I would think that this mod would make it easier to start resource production in a region until I am able to get manufacturing from the other mods I use. I use ancient warfare 2, millenaire, doogamaloo cities, recurrent complex, just to name a few. Also if I were to release control of the colony will it still function on its own? Will the soldiers still defend their territory and if a citizens dies will a new one sprout up? If this happens I could likely create small independent citystates which could offer protection of choke point and hard to control areas from zombies and other ilk. I understand that I would likely still be able to take their resources if I need them

Yes, this should be entirely possible, although bear in mind you will have to chunk load your colonies if you plan to be far away from them, they won't be able to do so themselves. Assuming you have chunk loaded it, the colony will work by itself as best as it can, until it runs out of something it needs, then it would need you to assist them.
You could change the boundaries of your colony and change the number of citizens you can have, You could only have 1 TownHall but you could use like Libraries as makeshift town halls in the smaller locations. It is taxing on the system though and I'm not sure about the back end of the programming on if there are limits or how big you can go, or how far away from the town hall you can go. I'm currently trying to test that.
(12.12.2018, 04:10)KarenHayes-Mitchell Wrote: You could change the boundaries of your colony and change the number of citizens you can have, You could only have 1 TownHall but you could use like Libraries as makeshift town halls in the smaller locations. It is taxing on the system though and I'm not sure about the back end of the programming on if there are limits or how big you can go, or how far away from the town hall you can go. I'm currently trying to test that.

As long as you're willing to spawn them in, you can have any amount of town halls. There are no limits on how large the colony could be or how far away from the town hall you can move, as long as it's within the colony borders, but yes it would definitely get more taxing over time
(12.12.2018, 05:28)PoroUsedSnax Wrote:
(12.12.2018, 04:10)KarenHayes-Mitchell Wrote: You could change the boundaries of your colony and change the number of citizens you can have, You could only have 1 TownHall but you could use like Libraries as makeshift town halls in the smaller locations. It is taxing on the system though and I'm not sure about the back end of the programming on if there are limits or how big you can go, or how far away from the town hall you can go. I'm currently trying to test that.

As long as you're willing to spawn them in, you can have any amount of town halls. There are no limits on how large the colony could be or how far away from the town hall you can move, as long as it's within the colony borders, but yes it would definitely get more taxing over time

In theory I could make the population cap 5 quadrillion and have the chunk boundary at 5 quadrillion as well. This would mean I could built where ever i felt like as it would be within the chunk boundary. Like I said i usually want the cities in choke point location so they are more like military posts rather then cities. The production is a plus.