Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minecolonies: Urban settlement
Brick 
[Image: NcuV2c9.jpg]

Fixed for 1.14
Version 1.5 is now out: All buildings (20.10.19, anything that is added after that is not done) are now done. 

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vuoxx682mu...5.zip/file

Minecolonies: Urban settlement.

Hello there. After playing this mod with several different types of building styles, I found it always feeling like building villages. And even tho there is nothing wrong with that, I wanted to create something that felt more of a town or city after a while. I also wanted something that could feel a bit like the late 1800s, early 1900s to function well with industrial stuff and railroads that I often end up using. So I started working on a theme for that, where every building is made to sit next to each other. They all follow the same "segments", with cornerpieces beeing 14x14 blocks, and non-corners are 14x15 blocks. Many buildings are are two or three segments in size, but still made so they will fit next to ofter buildings. This way the player can create a city like settlement with narrow streets and conected buildings. The only buildings in this pack not ment to sit next to other buildings is the warehouse. The fishingdocks however is only ment to sit next to other fishingdocks.

I started this project becouse I wanted buildings like this myself, but thought that sins I already have put so much work in to this, then I might aswell share it if there is anyone out there who is interested in using this. 

The theme is now complete, but it is likely that there will be changes to some buildings in the future. They will however always ceep their footprint, so it will not cause damage to existing colonies.

A few of the buildings (Lumberjack and Sheep hearder) will have to be of a more rural style, and places outside the town. But I try to make most of them fit in the city, by making for example the cowboy into an industrial slaughterhouse, and the swinehearder as a butcher shop with pigs in a backalley.

Buildings done so far: All buildings are done.

Bakery
Blacksmith
Builder
Citizen (in three versions: non-corner, oak- and spruce corner. The corners are included in the download, but does not go by the name "Urban", but "UrbanCornerOak" And "UrbanCornerS")
Deliveryman
Fisherman
Stonemason
Townhall
Cowboy
Swinehearder
Resturant (two versions. Made a new and bigger resturant, but the old version will be in the "UrbanCornerOak" category)
Composter
Library
Archery
Smeltery
Sawmill
Guardtower
Shepherd
Barracks
Stone smeltery
Stone crusher
Combat academy
Farm
Mine
Chickenhearder
Florist

Buildings to be done:

All done at the moment (20.10.19)

A few pictures from the streets:

[Image: Gdsec53.jpg]
[Image: bCRWc3m.jpg]

[Image: NS4LFZp.jpg]
[Image: unknown.png?width=1114&height=657]

(For those who reacts on errors in my writing, english is not my strongest side)

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vuoxx682mu...5.zip/file

Feedback is always welcome.
I really like the idea and the building style! I'm looking forward to using this!
(24.02.2019, 15:20)Fatalisme Wrote: I really like the idea and the building style! I'm looking forward to using this!

Thank you for that. I hope you enjoy it now that the download is out.
This is real nice! I love the look and theme! Big Grin
Wow! this looks promising indeed! Keep doing such a good job! Smile
Hi Doffen1234,

I really like the Urban Style, keep up the good work! But it seems, that the Smelter on level 5 does not have a furnace anymore Rolleyes

P.S. Dont change the guard towers, the idea with the caged wagon is great! Or leave it as an alternative Big Grin
(06.03.2019, 19:49)Henrox Wrote: This is real nice! I love the look and theme! Big Grin

Thank you for your kind words.

(14.03.2019, 16:10)carlansor Wrote: Wow! this looks promising indeed! Keep doing such a good job! Smile

Thank you for that. The work will continue, but at a slow pase at the moment.

(30.04.2019, 07:36)StefanKolbe Wrote: Hi Doffen1234,

I really like the Urban Style, keep up the good work! But it seems, that the Smelter on level 5 does not have a furnace anymore Rolleyes

P.S. Dont change the guard towers, the idea with the caged wagon is great! Or leave it as an alternative Big Grin

Oh, I will fix that. Thanks for leting me know. I think I will keep the guard wagons like you suggested.
Awesome work Doffen1234,
This may just have me starting a new world just to play an urban experience. Thank you for sharing your work.
(15.10.2019, 17:58)Sharkykzn Wrote: Awesome work Doffen1234,
This may just have me starting a new world just to play an urban experience. Thank you for sharing your work.

Thank you. Good luck with your urban colony if you ends up starting one. Just remember that it does need quite alot of space, so I would recomend to find a quite flat area to build in. There is now a new download, with the Chicken Hearder finally includeded. So you should get the new version if you want to build with the complete theme.