Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with custom schematics.
Been toying around with making some custom theme town buildings. followed the steps in the wiki, (IM pretty sure atleast) and for the most part it all works up untill i need it to actually get built. 

when i use the wand to place any of the buildings it gives me the option, previews placement and everything, even places the base block. but thats all, when you right click on any of them it dose not load a gui and it dose not place a "work zone" border. have i missed a step somewhere along the line?

the way i did them:

1. build said building
2. selected a base region for it with the white wand
3. saved the building. when it brought up the save gui under (Scan nameSmile i added "Sandstonev2/TownHall1.nbt"
4. repeated the process after upgrading said building (without moving the main block, and only ever adjusted the height of the selection box since that seemed to be done on the mods base buildings i assumed this was ok {please correct me if im wrong})
5. once i had a complete build set i opened the structurize folder went to scans/new/sandstoneV2 folder, selected said files and moved them to the schematics folder [ structurize/schematics/SandstoneV2 "paste files here" 

no at this point i noticed that the file name is saved as TownHall1.nbt.blueprint and reads as a "BLUEPRINT File" and when i change them to just read TownHall1.nbt it gives me the option to place them but dose not render the schematic to "See" where i place it and the result is the same, the gui dose not come up when you click the block.

have i missed a step somewhere along the line? potentially place a incorrect file path? any insight would be great thank you. Smile
Some tips that might help you, as I found it confusing at first.

in 2. you need to select a 3D region, not just a base. I find it useful to place a Placeholder block (structurize:blocksubstitution) in the top right back corner. Use the scan tool to Left Click on the front left hand corner (ground level or below if it includes a basement). Next use the tool to right click on the top left back corner (the Placeholder block). Return back to the Front bottom left and right click there again; the Scan GUI will appear.
in 4. You say you adjusted the size of the scan box - this does not work - all of them must be the same size for that same building.; you have to plan ahead and set the size limit at the start - hence the reason I suggest the Placeholder Block.
5. I leave all my files with the .Blueprint extension. I found it easier to just save them as TownHall1 to TownHall5 and then move the files to the appropriate folder (structurize/schematics/SandstoneV2 in your example). You can freely rename the files too.

One tip I have (although it doesn't quite work for town hall - a note on this later).

I started a Creative Flat world, set it to peaceful, no daylight cycle etc, and then started my template. I even put a 'border' around my intended building site, and add the Placeholder at the top right rear.

I then build my Level1 template, SCAN it (as above) and do any block substitutions (ie replace grass blocks with tile.structurize.blocksolidsubstitution.name)
Once scanned and saved as Template1, I move to a new location and using the build tool place the same template (schematic) using the Paste option (light blue icon, lower right of screen - looks like 2 pages overlapping) This will place a copy of your Level 1 building ready to upgrade including the 'substitute' blocks.

Follow this process right through to the Level5 version. In this way you can 'feel' the progression of each 'upgrade'
Once complete you can then move the files and go through the process of Building a colony - you will need to place the supply camp, build a builders hut and then place your templates using the build tool as you would any other building, selecting the 'set' you created.
1. Naming is important - ie TownHall1.Blueprint or TownHall1.nbt will work but TownHall1.nbt.Blueprint will not. Just rename the file.
2. For the Townhall1 you will need to place it before the builder but can't actually build it until the Builder1 is complete.
3. When making the TownHall1 to TownHall5 templates you will find that there can only be one TownHall special block in the area. I substituted a Yellow Wool block for the TownHall block in my Level 2-5 models, and then 'moved' the townhall block just before scanning each TownHall version.

hope this helps
(28.03.2019, 13:19)Arf_The_Craft Wrote: Some tips that might help you, as I found it confusing at first.

in 2. you need to select a 3D region, not just a base. I find it useful to place a Placeholder block (structurize:blocksubstitution) in the top right back corner. Use the scan tool to Left Click on the front left hand corner (ground level or below if it includes a basement). Next use the tool to right click on the top left back corner (the Placeholder block). Return back to the Front bottom left and right click there again; the Scan GUI will appear.
in 4. You say you adjusted the size of the scan box - this does not work - all of them must be the same size for that same building.; you have to plan ahead and set the size limit at the start - hence the reason I suggest the Placeholder Block.
5. I leave all my files with the .Blueprint extension. I found it easier to just save them as TownHall1 to TownHall5 and then move the files to the appropriate folder (structurize/schematics/SandstoneV2 in your example). You can freely rename the files too.

One tip I have (although it doesn't quite work for town hall - a note on this later).

I started a Creative Flat world, set it to peaceful, no daylight cycle etc, and then started my template. I even put a 'border' around my intended building site, and add the Placeholder at the top right rear.

I then build my Level1 template, SCAN it (as above) and do any block substitutions (ie replace grass blocks with tile.structurize.blocksolidsubstitution.name)
Once scanned and saved as Template1, I move to a new location and using the build tool place the same template (schematic) using the Paste option (light blue icon, lower right of screen - looks like 2 pages overlapping) This will place a copy of your Level 1 building ready to upgrade including the 'substitute' blocks.

Follow this process right through to the Level5 version. In this way you can 'feel' the progression of each 'upgrade'
Once complete you can then move the files and go through the process of Building a colony - you will need to place the supply camp, build a builders hut and then place your templates using the build tool as you would any other building, selecting the 'set' you created.
1. Naming is important - ie TownHall1.Blueprint or TownHall1.nbt will work but TownHall1.nbt.Blueprint will not. Just rename the file.
2. For the Townhall1 you will need to place it before the builder but can't actually build it until the Builder1 is complete.
3. When making the TownHall1 to TownHall5 templates you will find that there can only be one TownHall special block in the area. I substituted a Yellow Wool block for the TownHall block in my Level 2-5 models, and then 'moved' the townhall block just before scanning each TownHall version.

hope this helps

it all ended up being the naming that was the issue, the wiki is a little hard to understand since its referring to .nbt, but when you're actually naming the save in the gui you just name it whatever and leave off so ( file-to-save-in-name/name-of-schematic ) no .nbt or .blueprint and when you save it it automagically saves it as a .blueprint file.

now as far as the resizing goes it dose in fact work. i have tried several saves where each save the space around it got bigger. now its definitely not as smooth as if they are the same size but it will eventually build it all.

the orientation and placement of the building block are massively important though. they defiantly don't handle that well.

some other things i did discover in my tinkering. they do not like placing certain modded blocks in their correct orientation eg: bibliocraft blocks and thaumcraft banners. they seem to place them (and this is a heavy guess as i keep missing when they are placing the block) in whatever direction they happened to be facing at the time they placed the block. so if they were facing west at the time they were all placed west when in the schematic they were facing north.

another note. schematics have issues with things that render other things, eg: curios display pedestals. and they definitely don't like decocraft. in case anyone who reads this tries to make mod blending schematics like i have.