Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building orientation wrong after upgrade
Maybe not a bug perse, but a heads up and something to look at ->

I placed houses in an older version (couple of months old). And updated MC a few days ago to *.259.

Today I upgraded a few houses from Lvl 4 to 5 and they're all facing the wrong way now. 
The builder rotated them 180 degrees and left a piece of the old house - This piece blocks the new door so colonists can't enter.
But more important, when I place the door facing the road/path and now it isn't, it kinda screws with the layout of my town. 

Angry I'll rebuild them later on from Lvl1, but perhaps for future versions this can be prevented.

The house model is MedievalOak. It probably happens with others too, but I didn't check.
Builders are wholly inefficient and dumb since the *.259 update. So not really in the mood for an experiment Wink

Also, did the build materials change? I don't remember needing Purpur for lvl5 houses before.
Some houses might have changed since the version was too old which caused this. We're sorry about this inconvinience.
The latest version makes the builder much faster (last alphas) which will create a new beta/release soon.
(16.04.2019, 05:25)adegans Wrote: Maybe not a bug perse, but a heads up and something to look at ->

I placed houses in an older version (couple of months old). And updated MC a few days ago to *.259.

Today I upgraded a few houses from Lvl 4 to 5 and they're all facing the wrong way now. 
The builder rotated them 180 degrees and left a piece of the old house - This piece blocks the new door so colonists can't enter.
But more important, when I place the door facing the road/path and now it isn't, it kinda screws with the layout of my town.

if you upgrade from an old version, a good thing to try before upgrading, repairing huts is to start a 'reposition' and see the preview. in my case that saves me a lot of trouble considering sometimes the huts are upgraded / rescaned. Some huts are provided by contributors also so i imagine is dificult to maintain all. 

sometimes only the hut block change orientation and you can 'reposition' to match your orientation, the reposition will only reorient the hutblock and the builder will repair missing blocks.