Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki suggestion
Can we maybe either get a central list of required materials for all the buildings, or add the material list per level to the relevant page for each one? It's nice to know sometimes whether to even bother starting an upgrade unless I have the forty-two hundred types of flowers I'll need...

## This has been added here ##
I second this idea, and would be perfectly up to making said thing, i think we'd just create a small locked forum, and 1 post per building / pack with a table format. it'll take a bit but i like the idea and always have time to waste, lol.
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
As suggested, this would be a great idea for the wiki for those who want to see the requirements Big Grin
In the previous forums Harleypig had posted an excellent program that mined that data and put it all in a dumpfile. He even had the created dumpfile posted here for convenience. I reference it all the time and find it extremely useful both for the purpose of determining if you want to start a building or not because of current access to required materials and to preplan material collection for any materials that have a time element to their collection (wool, stone, etc.). 

The only items that do not seem to be in the dumpfile are the item frames needed for the town hall and warehouse. But as the builders list in game doesn't even show these items I am assuming it has to do with the coding for the usage of these specific items. 

As of writing this I have tested it up to level 4 buildings with the wooden and sandstone sets. I will be checking in the future to its accuracy with level 5 buildings but ironically had not yet because the dumpfile indicated materials I could not currently acquire for the level 5 builders hut. 

Note that the output for each building shows the TOTAL requirement for the building not the materials to go from the current level to the upgraded level. However if you need to know the exact amount of each material you can easily compare the previous levels list to the level you are upgrading too.
(12.11.2017, 20:21)Kasanth Wrote:
Quote:In the previous forums Harleypig had posted an excellent program that mined that data and put it all in a dumpfile.

Cool! Thanks for the reference.

Quote:The only items that do not seem to be in the dumpfile are the item frames needed for the town hall and warehouse.

Item frames are stored in the 'entities' table and I ignore that table. I'm not really sure how to handle that table, so this is likely to not change until/unless I take the time to figure that out.

Quote:Note that the output for each building shows the TOTAL requirement for the building not the materials to go from the current level to the upgraded level.

Adding a cumulative list for each building, through each level, is on my list. I just need the tuits, which are sparse at the moment.
Wow Harley, that's pretty good looking, would you mind if i cloned that gitrepo and made some modifications to make it able to output for the forum? I'm thinking of using the
Code:
[table][/table]
blocks to make a bunch of nice looking forum posts =D
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Bam, Formatted file generated (Sorry didn't wait for your response, lol):

all i changed is the Resources.pm, if ya want my version i attached it (Changed to .txt because of forum post rules)

AlternativeStone Citizen1

Size (xyz): 14 x 15 x 10

----------------------------------------

Resource Amount
bed 2
chest 1
cobblestone 92
cobblestone cobblestone wall 6
cobblestone stone slab 5
glass pane 8
oak fence 9
oak stairs 4
stone stairs 40
torch 16
wooden door 2
wooden pressure plate 3

Attached Files
.txt   Resources.txt (Size: 2,49 KB / Downloads: 8)
Just seen the new forum Asher - very quick work, thank you very much!

And thank you Harley for making it so easy Big Grin
(13.11.2017, 02:51)Asherslab Wrote:
Quote:Bam, Formatted file generated (Sorry didn't wait for your response, lol)

No problem. That's what github and the open source model is for.

The table looks good.
I have added an option to allow for text or forum output and the generated files are in the resources.list directory.

Asherslab, I think the text file you added was an earlier version of what you ended up using. Please feel free to submit a pull request and I will add the changes.

It should be much easier now to add a new output type (or modify an existing one).