Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miner - what am I missing here?
Hello,

I'm a bit confused. Just 2 days ago I started playing with this mod so I'm not yet very familiar with everything. But what I really don't get is the miner. 
I built the miner's hut and than checked on your Wiki page what he needs to actually start working.
So I gave him:

Pickaxes 
Shovels
Cobblestone
ladders
torches
fences (oak)
slabs (oak)
boards (oak)

After nothing happened, I gave him pickaxes and shovels from wood to gold in case that was the weak spot. But nothing happened. He keeps telling me to upgrade the hut to dig deeper but he didn't even start at all. Stands at his hut and that's it. I placed everything in the chest and in his inventory directly, no difference.
In a bugreport on Github I read that he could be confused by ladders nearby so I removed all ladders placed (there were only ladders at the supply camp, I removed them). 
The coordinates are 638.106/48.00/1297.236 (XYZ). 

I really don't know what to do. Is there anything missing? Could anyone help me please? Sad
Hi Wink
It seems to me that the maximal depth reached by the "vertical shaft" depends on the miner level ..
Thus if you built it in the layer 48 (..?) it will certainly be necessary to you to improve the mine until the level 2 even 3 before the miner begins to dig a mineshaft.
Ok, so it needs to be built on a higher layer so the lvl 1 miner will build the shaft?
Is there a layer limit for other buildings? Because my farmer hoed himself half to death on my last map (hoed earth blocks, before everything was hoed the blocks turned back to normal..infinite loop). I made a 3. map this morning to see if it works now.

Thanks for your reply
(13.02.2018, 16:44)Noa Wrote: Ok, so it needs to be built on a higher layer so the lvl 1 miner will build the shaft?

Either it needs to be built on a higher layer to be able to dig a mineshaft, or it needs to be upgraded to dig on a lower layer..

Wiki Wrote:"The level of the Miner's Hut will dictate how deep he will create the mine, so if you want the best resources, be sure to upgrade the Miner's Hut. The miner works by digging a shaft down to the depth of the level of his hut, once there he will build a network of random mineshafts"

(13.02.2018, 16:44)Noa Wrote: my farmer hoed himself half to death on my last map (hoed earth blocks, before everything was hoed the blocks turned back to normal..infinite loop).

And I'm not sure exactly what "hoed" means.. (I'm french.. :/ )
But if you mean that tiled dirt becomes again normal dirt, it's perhaps because there isn't water near your field, the scarecrow doesn't hydrate the dirt by itself.
Aaah ok. I thought first, it would be enough to give the miner the better tools to start digging. Thanks Big Grin

Ok sorry, I don't know if that word even exists in english (I'm german) x) But that is exactly what I mean. So I have to place water around it, I guess. But that would explain it^^ Thanks alot Smile
There are also workable decoration fields with place for water, if you want Wink

And in level5 the farmer can tile a 11x11 field.
Nice, thanks for the info Big Grin