Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max size of colony
Is there a maximum size of a colony?  Some of the buildings look pretty big and I don't want to squish everything in a small area.
Yes, but it's configurable in the config, town hall range. usually 100(?) but you can use any range as long as the chunks are loaded (minecolonies does not load chunks)
Feel free to PM me any issues you may have, but try to keep it on the forum disco villager
Thanks for all your support! And join our discord! https://discord.gg/zjA75K8
(24.02.2018, 05:12)Asherslab Wrote: Yes, but it's configurable in the config, town hall range. usually 100(?) but you can use any range

I have just met a problem with that, after updating my modpack( now in minecolonies-universal-1.12.2-0.8.7620.jar), I saw that the diamond blocks (the virtual size of the colony) were not any more on the same place...

And by looking if my config file had been reset by the update, I seen that..:

# Colony size (radius) - deprecated, don't use
        I:workingRangeTownHall=200

Thus the diameter of my colony reduced by half (100 wre the default size) and I cannot build any more, not to mention the buildings which find themselves outside...

And I had seen nothing in the changelog about this very important and colony breaking change.., otherwise I would have taken another version or waited to make this update from my friend's server... 

(13.02.2018, 17:31)PoroUsedSnax Wrote: There shouldn't be anything wrong with updating to 1.12.2, generally issues only arise when backdating, I can 100% recommend not updating to 4932 (It has an issue where the game crashes and it breaks the world when placing a town hall) 

Updating to the Alphas aren't exactly bad, if there are issues it's often not anything terrible (And it helps find issues that we may miss Big Grin) But if you would like to be safer, there is the betas, although they aren't updated as often so you can miss some cool features (Not sure if crafting is in the betas) But there should also be an update to the release version soon, once everything is well ironed out Smile

What the hell happened in this update, and how to repair this stupidity?  Sad

Ok i'ts my bad...

Just seen that under the ancient setting in the .cfg

# Colony size (radius in chunks around central colony chunk)
I:workingRangeTownHallChunks=8

But as you had not warned of this big change, and thus that we have necessary to convert the value in blocks in a value in chunks, and make this change in the minecolonies.cfg my server has updated my colony ...
I shall see the result to the next one reboot ..

Not fair..
After several more tests, nothing work at all yet.... Confused

Now in the config file we can see that by default:

I:workingRangeTownHall=100

I:workingRangeTownHallChunks=8

(so after update it's from 100 to 128 blocks)

I have changed in the 2 config file (server/client) by:

I:workingRangeTownHall=200

I:workingRangeTownHallChunks=13

(so after update it's from 200 to 208 blocks)

But when I want to build my Mine hut at a distance of more or less 130 blocks from the townhall, I can't and I see the message:
" You need to be closer to your town hall! "

I've tested on the server, and I've download the server map to create a world save to make another test. And even in single player I can't build and see the same message.. Sad

Did I modify the config file in the wrong way?

Did anybody manage to change the size of a colony in the last versions of the mod?

Did anybody in the team have at least test this new secret change in the config?

Yes it's a lot of questions but I'm stuck in my game...  Undecided
(24.02.2018, 05:12)Asherslab Wrote: Yes, but it's configurable in the config, town hall range. usually 100(?) but you can use any range as long as the chunks are loaded (minecolonies does not load chunks)

changed the size in the config several times and restarted the server and the border never changes.  There are several of us that didn't see or realize the town borders and just concentrated on placing the town hall and now we need to move the town hall to move the borders or increase the border size and neither seems to change.
Last night I finally managed to repair the colonies on our server Smile

I've updated the server from minecolonies 1.12.1-0.8.4075 (with radius set in blocks and only one colonies.dat for all) to minecolonies 1.12.2-0.8.7508, then for now 1.12.2-0.8.7620 (with radius set in chunks, one colonies.dat and multiple colony1.dat, colony2.dat....)

Between 1.12.1-0.8.4075 and 1.12.2-0.8.7508, all the traits of our colonists have been reset to 1, so need to kill them, and the new have correct traits.. (but it seems that it happen only to me.. )
And it is only when we were in version 1.12.2-0.8.7620 that I noticed the problem with the border config..

After several tries, I found a method which works in single player and on server !
To do this, I used a utility originally made to edit the level.dat but the Minecolonies save files are also .dat, so it works fine.
But Minecolonies doesn't seems to refresh itself after a .cfg or .dat change, as it should..

In fact you have to reset all the colonies.., or at least, persuade the mod that it's a new installation..

• Stop the game/server
  • Make a backup of your map (map folder on server, or save folder in single player)
  • delete the minecolonies[...].jar file in /mods/ and all the files in save/minecolonies/ (there are a lot)
  • you can let in place your save/minecolonies/schematics/ and also the /config/minecolonies.cfg which can be safely reused later..
  • launch your world without minecolonies
  • Stop the game/server

• reinstall the mod minecolonies (/!\ only the minecolonies[...].jar)
  • launch your world with minecolonies as it was the first installation
  • make a false colony (just put hutchests of a Townhall, and for check, a building just a little less far from the center than you had set the radius in the minecolonies (default is 8 chunks)
  • delete this colony (command: /mc colony delete 1)
  • stop the game/server

• open the colonies.dat with NBTExplorer and edit the line "amountOfColonies:0" by 1, 2,... (as much as existing colonies on the map)
  • from your backup:
    • paste all the "worldname"/region/ files (r.X.Z.mca) , or to save upload time just those that have Minecolonies blocks and/or colonies (you find it either with this tool or in journeymap/data/mp or sp/"worldname" folder on your client
    • paste all the colony1.dat, colony2.dat... (there's one by colony on the map)
    • if needed, you can open and edit those colonyX.dat files to move the city center (in the "center box", change the coordinates)
  • launch your world and now, your colonies can be expanded with the new radius

I hope this help some of you, until the update/config bug is fixed Rolleyes
(05.03.2018, 00:28)Auriel_1 Wrote: Last night I finally managed to repair the colonies on our server Smile

I've updated the server from minecolonies 1.12.1-0.8.4075 (with radius set in blocks and only one colonies.dat for all) to minecolonies 1.12.2-0.8.7508, then for now 1.12.2-0.8.7620 (with radius set in chunks, one colonies.dat and multiple colony1.dat, colony2.dat....)

Between 1.12.1-0.8.4075 and 1.12.2-0.8.7508, all the traits of our colonists have been reset to 1, so need to kill them, and the new have correct traits.. (but it seems that it happen only to me.. )
And it is only when we were in version 1.12.2-0.8.7620 that I noticed the problem with the border config..

After several tries, I found a method which works in single player and on server !
To do this, I used a utility originally made to edit the level.dat but the Minecolonies save files are also .dat, so it works fine.
But Minecolonies doesn't seems to refresh itself after a .cfg or .dat change, as it should..

In fact you have to reset all the colonies.., or at least, persuade the mod that it's a new installation..

• Stop the game/server
  • Make a backup of your map (map folder on server, or save folder in single player)
  • delete the minecolonies[...].jar file in /mods/ and all the files in save/minecolonies/ (there are a lot)
  • you can let in place your save/minecolonies/schematics/ and also the /config/minecolonies.cfg which can be safely reused later..
  • launch your world without minecolonies
  • Stop the game/server

• reinstall the mod minecolonies (/!\ only the minecolonies[...].jar)
  • launch your world with minecolonies as it was the first installation
  • make a false colony (just put hutchests of a Townhall, and for check, a building just a little less far from the center than you had set the radius in the minecolonies (default is 8 chunks)
  • delete this colony (command: /mc colony delete 1)
  • stop the game/server

• open the colonies.dat with NBTExplorer and edit the line "amountOfColonies:0" by 1, 2,... (as much as existing colonies on the map)
  • from your backup:
    • paste all the "worldname"/region/ files (r.X.Z.mca) , or to save upload time just those that have Minecolonies blocks and/or colonies (you find it either with this tool or in journeymap/data/mp or sp/"worldname" folder on your client
    • paste all the colony1.dat, colony2.dat... (there's one by colony on the map)
    • if needed, you can open and edit those colonyX.dat files to move the city center (in the "center box", change the coordinates)
  • launch your world and now, your colonies can be expanded with the new radius

I hope this help some of you, until the update/config bug is fixed  Rolleyes

Thank you, but I'm not too versed in playing with configs and mods and we're playing minecolonies in the ATM 3 modpack so don't want to mess with deleting and reinstalling mods.  We love this mod and will just wait for things to get fixed and make do.  It seems the borders did expand we just can't see it.  We've been building outside the shown borders and having no problems.