Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New problem in latest alphas
I've picked up a habit of playing MineColonies in the evening and downloading the latest alpha builds before I do so.

Today I've run into an odd problem: I gave the order to upgrade a deliveryman-hut (from 3 to 4) and when I came by the construction site the builder had started to build the groundwork of the entrance ground layer in the middle of the road in front of the deliveryman's hut, rotated 90°. I went into the hut and cancelled the build but I noticed that the hut block was also rotated.
So I tore it down and tried to rebuild the structure in the right orientation. I matched it up with the exact location of the building and confirmed, the construction fence appeared - on the roof of the building, meaning it was INSIDE the build area. I checked and on the front it was also moved too far into the street.

I tried my best to figure out the cause with both new and existing worlds and here are my findings:

- It happens with the medievaloak deliveryman hut. I did test 2 or 3 other buildings, it did not happen with them
- it only happens when you rotate the building. When you leave the orientation as it is, it is fine, but if you turn it 180° so that the entrance faces the other way the positioning is off by a couple of blocks
- it only happens on the latest alpha builds: MineColonies 0.11.852/853 with structurize 0.10.301. I reverted back to 0.11.847 and 0.10.299 to try it and it was fine back then
- it happens on both new and existing worlds, so it should be easy to reproduce

If you have any questions, let me know

Edit:
From one of my trials in a new world, I did not move between these two screenshots, just pressed confirm:
[Image: 2020-04-20-17-44-09.png]

[Image: 2020-04-20-17-44-16.png]

You can see the thin black lines of the square I was pointing at is the same. The white line indicating the corner of the construction zone includes that block, yet the construction fence is even a block further in, meaning the whole building is two blocks further in that it was supposed to be
Some additional info:

When you place the medievaloak deliverman hut, the hutblock will be in the correct place but the hut will be built in the wrong place. You can compensate for the offset but then the hut block is in the wrong place.
I did check my other buildings and the medievaldarkoak deliveryman also has it's hut block rotated, so I guess this one has the same problem. The other buildings I've come accross so far appear to be fine. So it might just be medievaloak und medievaldarkoak deliverman buildings that are affected by this.

Seems to be fixed on 0.11.858 and 0.10.302 - that was fast. Thanks a lot :-)
Hate to bug you with this, but now medievaloakalternative townhall is messing up it's position when I try to upgrade or repair it
All the asian buildings I have so far built have this exact issue too. When placing a building for the first time it doesn't get placed in the location or orientation you designate when you place it. And when you click upgrade on any buildings, it moved the construction zone and builds a new building there, intersecting with the old one more often than not. It does remove all of the old building blocks within the construction zone of the upgraded building after its been built but leaves the rest left up if some of the old building was not in the zone. The buildings this has happened for are, Lumberjack, Townhall, Builders hut ( Only upgrade to level 3, the first upgrade and construction worked fine), Citizens houses, Mines, and Delivery hut. I have not tryed upgrading any others yet. I have had no issues with supply camps or ships.
(20.04.2020, 19:37)The_Merced Wrote: Seems to be fixed on 0.11.858 and 0.10.302 - that was fast. Thanks a lot :-)

Not fixed with recent versions for you? I had this bug to past month, but it seems definitely fixed several days (and version) ago.
(05.05.2020, 23:38)Auriel_1 Wrote:
(20.04.2020, 19:37)The_Merced Wrote: Seems to be fixed on 0.11.858 and 0.10.302 - that was fast. Thanks a lot :-)

Not fixed with recent versions for you? I had this bug to past month, but it seems definitely fixed several days (and version) ago.

I did have similar problems after 0.11.858 (as mentioned above), but I figured out the reason. The original bug did not only make problems with placing buildings, but apparently did turn the block hut blocks. Or they were turned before in the schematics and that got fixed with a patch. Either way the result was that the hut blocks in my savegame were rotated and when I tried to upgrade or move a building (using later versions with correct block rotation) it would mess up because the hut block wasn't right. Demolishing and rebuilding the exact same buildings from the newer updates eliminated the remains of this bug in my world.